Carbon Fiber Pipes with Side Mounted Intercooler Kit - SW20 3SGTE MR2
1/9/2019 - Everything is in stock and ready to ship
- Exhaust manifold temperatures can reach up to 1200F with your valve cover temperature itself hovering around 185-260F+. Imagine how hot that metal pipe must be after a hard drive..
By physics and the laws of thermodynamics, metal pipe would absorb outside radiated heat and radiate it within the pipe since air charge temps are cooler inside the pipe than the radiated heat generated by exhaust manifold (By law, Hot goes to cold until equilibrium temperatures).
With that knowledge in mind, Its simply just not an efficient and smart way of doing things.
Features and advantages
Carbon Fiber Intercooler Pipe Advantages
- Lowers Intake Temperatures - Excellent insulator - Resists heat from entering the piping/intercooler system (See reasons above)
- Higher intercooler efficiency
- Pipes stay warm to the touch - Prevents pipes from becoming hot thus causing "heatsoak" and warming up the air inside the pipes.
- More horsepower throughout your whole drive.
- Lightweight -
- The GEN2/3/5 Pipes (Both cold and hot pipes w/o BOV flange combined) weigh as much as a medium sized water bottle at 1.1 pounds! Stainless Steel pipes would weigh 7+.
- Rolled bead design on pipe connection helps prevent blowing off couplers
- Exotic, modern and great to look at (Pair it up with some of our other CF engine bay offerings!)
- Blow off valve support
- No BOV
- Stock BOV
- Greddy, HKS or Tial BOV Port
- Made from high quality PrePreg Carbon Fiber, molded and formed at 300F and oven cured at 266F.
- Dyno tested 400WHP on a GTX3076 at 19PSI as well as a CT15B at 19PSI @ 360WHP
- Track tested CT15B @ 18PSI at 350WHP, 22-30 degrees above ambient intake air temperatures
Intercooler Kit advantages
- 9" Fan and shroud system (The bigest you can mount on this core to help maximize cooling!
- Block off plate helps diverge proper air flow into the intercooler core from the side vent!
- High Quality Constant Torque hose clamps ensures constant torque and helps prevent annoying popped hoses!
- Supports GEN2, GEN3, GEN4 and GEN5 3SGTE
- 1x CF Hot Pipe
- 1x CF Cold Pipe
- 9" Fan shroud, fan and block off plate
- Aluminum Side Mount Intercooler Core
- Constant Torque hose clamps
- Set of MR2Heaven couplers
- Hardware Kit
Kevlar CF Hybrid Option Available
Blow Off Valve Delete Available
OEM Blow Off Valve Port
HKS, Tial and Greddy Interchangeable Blow Off Valve Port
Stock GEN4 3SGTE - 360WHP, 343ftlb Torque @ 19PSI with OEM CT15 Billet Turbo Upgrade and MR2Heaven Carbon Fiber Pipe Intercooler Kit