MR2Heaven Full Pre-Preg/Dry Carbon Fiber Complete Replacement Interior Trims - **CURRENTLY TAKING PRE-ORDERS**
Note: 1/16/2022 - Official launch! Currently taking pre-orders.
We currently have 2-8 prototype pieces of each trim on hand. These prototype trims are literally the first few pieces fresh out of the molds, or our very first pieces that we tested before implementing fixes/improvements and may have some small minor issues/defects such as the use of a weaker epoxy, very minor fitment issues vs actual production batch with fixes implemented. We can discount these "scratch"/prototype" trims up to 15% off if you're okay with them and prefer not to wait. Send us an email for more information.
Available stock on hand currently: 1/16/2022
- 3x Radio surround trims (weaker epoxy on mounting clips and may de-tatch when you remove the trim. Can simply apply stronger epoxy). Has the hazard switch issue - please read the bottom regarding hazard switch annoyance (15% discount)
- 3x Gauge Cluster/Left Vent (Back side does not have a "Square" 2mmx2mm notch to secure rhea relay for controlling light brightness. (11% discount)
- 5x Radio Surround trims - These 5 trims have improved epoxy. Hazard switch cut out area may need to be filed down 1mm slightly. M4 epoxied screw posts are too large to be used to attach hazard switch. May break your hazard switch if you try and force it on since the hole where the screw goes through on the hazard switch is too small. Production batch will use M3 screw posts. (12% discount).
- 5x Gauge cluster/Left Vent - Production batch quality
- 2x Door cups - Production batch quality
- 2x Sets of Window switches - Production batch quality
- 2x Right side vent trim - Production batch quality
Another 15 pieces of our actual production batch is expected to arrive in about 2-4 weeks.
#4 OE style trim cover is still in development phase. We do have our halo circular style trim in carbon fiber if needed. But that is skinned CF over plastic, not pre-preg.
If you've met us or know us personally, you would know we are highly ambitious people and as such we often strive for the best. We went all out on these trims to leave a lasting legacy, something we can be proud of and as a proof of concept for our other future endeavors. With that being said, long story short, we utilized cutting edge state of the art manufacturing methods and equipment and with no shortcuts taken. To make these very complexly shaped and detailed trims in full CF a reality, pre-preg/dry method is a must. These aren't your typical CF trims produced from inverted hand made fiberglass molds and vacuum bags in the garage, "sticker" type overlay trims with 3M tape, or skinned Carbon fiber layer simply laid over the original plastic trims. These are real high performance full pre-preg "dry" carbon fiber replacement trims meticulously hand crafted from an aluminum mold and completely cured under high pressure (80-100PSI) and heat (350-800F) in a massive autoclave throughout different stages over many hours. No original parts/plastic cores are needed or sacrificed as our whole trim is essentially a full replacement consisting of all carbon fiber, with an exception of a few critical mounting tabs made with durable nylon material and epoxied on
How its made and advantages
The original trims were 3D scanned up to 0.03-0.05mm accuracy and CADed for the best fit and accuracy possible. Next aluminum molds of each panel were made via CNC milling. Why make the mold from billet aluminum instead of fiberglass? To sum it up, carbon fiber parts are made either via "dry" or "wet" carbon. Basically the difference is in the production methods and the corresponding equipment needed/used. Aluminum molds offer significant and exclusive benefits such as the possible use of pre-pregnated carbon fiber (referred to as dry carbon production method) with optimal amounts of resin pre-infused in each layer and the required use of an autoclave for pressurized high heat curing over many stages throughout many hours. This extensive and expensive production process ensures complete curing of the part with the best quality possible to the highest of standards which cannot be matched with the lather wet carbon fiber part production method.
Dry carbon method also allows for increased geometric complexity (these interior trims are quite complex in shapes, angles and not possible to make via the traditional cheaper "wet" method). Dry carbon offers desirable and unrivaled qualities such as being vastly lighter (typically 60% lighter vs wet carbon counterpart) yet significantly stronger while being much much thinner, increased uniformity, increased strength with less air pockets, unbeatable smooth surface finish with higher accuracy and precision. Dry carbon is the same tech used by F1 and hard core race teams (where teams commonly invest dozens of millions of USD worth of the best tech, design and parts into a compact race car, essentially the best of the best available), military as well as in the aerospace/satellite industries across the world. The lather choice would be wet carbon with fiberglass molds which is the common method of production for the huge majority of the carbon fiber parts on the market. Wet carbon is mostly for appearance and not for function.
The photos and results speak for themselves. Complete replacement trims in carbon fiber molded elegantly into very complex shapes that many people thought simply weren't possible. These trims breathe beauty, classy, high end, exoticness, sportiness, faithfulness to the original design, cutting edge technology, high accuracy, high performance and simply jaw dropping amusement. These trims are as high end, lightweight and exotic as it gets. Its the first of its kind in over 30 years for the MR2 community and to note that even for many other popular car platforms including modern BMWs, Audis, Porsches, Mercedes Benz, from OE and aftermarket companies alike do not have any interior trim comparatives of this caliber, level and pure carbon only composition. For comparatives, look closer to Ferrari, F1, hardcore multi 6 figure race cars, Paganis and multi million dollar hypercars. Have your friends hold the extremely lightweight pieces and watch their expression turn to awe, resemble as if they just witnessed a miracle. -As if the lightweight and strength aspect of the pieces alone when considering the actual size and dimensions of the part almost defies physics and is out of this world.
Due to the high cost to stock up in bulk quantities, complexity, intensive labor, and significant time needed to produce each of these trims with the extremely limited molds we developed, only 1 of each variant is able to be produced every 1-2 days, or around 10-15 pcs a month. We will be keeping very limited stock on hand and these will be mostly made in batches as orders come in
- Made with full Pre-Preg/Dry Carbon Fiber
- Crafted out of special Aluminum molds/Autoclave cured under high heat and pressure in numerous different stages over many hours for the highest performance and quality possible
- Durable Nylon plastic mounting clips are epoxied on. Some small intrinsic details are molded/integrated with the numerous carbon layers for high durability and some areas are CNCed milled.
- Extremely lightweight. Some smaller trims like the door cup cover are similar to a piece of paper in weight at around 0.6oz. Our window switch cover is around 1.8oz.
- All functions and components install on and work as OEM intended.
- Full plug and play
1991-1998 Toyota MR2. Please pay attention if your car is LHD (Left hand drive) or RHD (Right hand drive). Some trims will only work for one and not the other!
- These trims are all meticulously hand crafted and as such, no single trim is identical to another and each trim is unique.
- Only the carbon trims are included. Actual window switches pictured are not included