Carbon Fiber/Forged CF Pipes w/ Side Mounted Intercooler Kit - Version 2 (2020+)
Note 11/23/2020 - Introduction of our Forged Carbon Fiber Intercooler pipes. 10 Sets in stock and ready to ship! Special Black Friday Upgrade fee of $89, regular price $175 to upgrade.
NEW Version 2 Carbon Fiber Pipes (Applies to all new orders fulfilled after 3/1/2020). We've invested, upgraded and improved on our manufacturing processes and design for creating these carbon fiber pipes. The result? Significant improvements and the result is a high quality and premium carbon fiber piece. A totally different level and quality pipe dubbed Version 2. See details below.
Ever wondered why most turbocharged cars would pull hardest on the first pull of the drive and quickly fall flat on its face afterwards after the 3rd pull? With more heat in the intercooler system, the less power an engine can crank out as it has to keep itself from knocking and detonating. With our Carbon Fiber Intercooler pipes and feedback from our users, we are currently seeing an average of 20-30F maximum increase over ambient as well as faster temperature recovery times, on the race track or on the streets with or without traffic!
A Game Changer
Intake Air Temperatures with Stainless steel/Aluminum pipes can exceed 130-165F after 3 to 6 pulls on an upgraded side mounted intercooler setup. 165F is ridiculous considering modern high performance cars are only about 10-30F above ambient. Fortunately for this application, our real world testing has shown that these pipes reach up to 30 degrees above ambient on the track or on the street. This is made possible because Carbon Fiber features 10 to 40x lower heat thermal transfer conductivity values than Aluminum and Stainless steel material respectively. This means, it’s an excellent insulator, like styrofoam and silicone. (Touch styrofoam and silicone, they have a hard time reaching any sort of significant temperatures)
Exhaust manifold temperatures can reach up to 1200F with your valve cover temperature itself hovering around 185-260F+. According to thermodynamic principles, a metal piece will become equilibrium in temperature with its surroundings very quickly. The metal piece would also absorb outside radiated heat and also radiate it within the pipe since air charge temps are cooler inside the pipe than the metal heat soaked piece.
Ever wondered why Koenigsegg uses Carbon Fiber intake manifolds and intercooler pipes on their most exotic and highest performing cars?
Ever wondered why engineering marvel and high performing Buggatti Chiron, a car that Shattered land speed record with 305 Miles Per Hour, a 3 Million Dollar+ Supercar chooses to use carbon fiber for their intercooler pipes and intake manifolds?
Considering their vast budget available and being owned by Volkswagon (One of the biggest car groups around), out of all the materials available at their disposal and under a strict "motor/car cannot fail during extreme fully continuous use" mindset, they chose to design their pipes out of Carbon Fiber. Not Plastic, Not Rubber, Not silicone, but Carbon Fiber.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
Carbon Fiber Intercooler Pipe Advantages
Lowers Intake Temperatures - Excellent insulator – Great resistance to heat entering the piping/intercooler system (See reasons above)
- Higher intercooler efficiency
- Faster temperature recovery times
- Pipes stay warm to the touch - Prevents pipes from becoming hot thus causing "heatsoak" and warming up air inside the pipes.
- More horsepower and FUN throughout your whole drive.
- The GEN2/3/5 Pipes (Both cold and hot pipes w/o BOV flange combined) weigh as much as a medium sized water bottle at 1.1 pounds! Stainless Steel pipes would weigh 7lbs+.
- Rolled bead design on pipe connection ends helps prevent popped couplers
- Reinforced End Sections - For Version 2 (2020+) To further improve on our pipes for use under the most extreme scenarios such as circuit and track racing, the ends of the pipes have extra carbon layers for improved structural rigidity as well as an integrated metal ring on the hot side where the pipe connects to the turbocharger.
- Reinforced Optional Universal Blow Off Valve Port system (New for Version 2, 2020+) – Billet CNCed Aluminum BOV port with an additional milled protruding lip promotes better bonding with the pipe due to significantly increased surface area for mating. The pipe mold was redesigned and altered to create a flat surface at the blow off valve section to help better mate the CNCed port. At the mating connection between port and pipe is encapsulated by new high strength epoxy which ensures structural strength, durability and rigidity.
- Exotic, modern and great to look at(Pair it up with some of our other CF engine bay offerings!)
- Universal Interchangeable twist on BOV Flange System - Exclusive to MR2Heaven Pipes. (Easily twist on different flanges - OEM, HKS, Greddy, TIAL Blow off valve Flanges and our Blow off valve delete cap)
- Going BOV route and want option to run NO BOV? Not a problem. Click here, or check out our new twist on BOV delete cap
- Pipe also available with no BOV port
- Smooth Insides (NEW FOR V2 2020) – Gone are the days of high and low spots as seen on our v1 pipes. For our new updated Version 2 2020+ pipes, we’ve made strides in upgrading our manufacturing processes. By investing in many new molds to create rubber inflatable cores to use during pipe production, we were able to eliminate the use of generic bagging material which does not produce smooth surfaces when twisted, leaving high and low spots throughout the insides of the pipe. By utilizing new rubber inflatable cores that are pre-shaped exactly as our pipes instead of using generic bagging material ensures inside surfaces are smooth during curing and that the pipe has consistent pressure throughout every inch of the curing process. This new upgrade in manufacturing processes/technology ultimately increases pipe overall structural strength, rigidity, durability significantly and insides of these pipes are now super smooth.
- Made from 8+ layers of high quality and temperature PrePreg Carbon Fiber
- Dyno tested 400WHP on a GTX3076 at 19PSI as well as a CT15B at 19PSI @ 360WHP
- Track tested CT15B @ 18PSI at 350WHP, 22-30 degrees above ambient intake air temperatures
- Our carbon pipes are tested and proven to lower intake temperatures significantly, thus increasing horse power and more FUN! Whether by datalogging with your ECU/sensors or physically with your hand by touching the pipe with the car running, the difference in temperatures is obvious and immediate.
- Lowers Intake Temperatures - Excellent insulator – Great resistance to heat entering the piping/intercooler system (See reasons above)
Intercooler Kit advantages
- Biggest 9" Fan and lightweight aluminum shroud system (The biggest you can mount on this core to help maximize cooling!
- 3D Scanned intercooler core and computer aided design (CAD) block off plate and fan shroud helps divert proper and maximum air flow into the intercooler core from the side vent! No more misfits and inefficient designs. This allows us to create components for our kit that fits exactly as designed utilizing every millimeter surface area of the intercooler core. We used the best quality of light weight materials. There is no gaps and holes and blocking of the actual intercooler core like some kits out on the market which were designed out of guessing and tracing cardboard templates.
- High Quality Constant Torque hose clamps ensures constant torque and helps prevent annoying popped hoses when compared to other clamps on the market. As far as we know as of 3/9/2021, we are the only vendor that offers this on our kits.
- High quality stainless steel hardware and high strength yellow zinc coated steel nylon lock nuts prevents rust and loose components under high vibration and loads, environmental factors and the most extreme use.
- Easily twist on different blow off valve flanges with our universal port system. This is only exclusive to MR2Heaven pipes.
- 1x CF Hot Pipe
- 1x CF Cold Pipe
- Lightweight 9" aluminum Fan shroud, block off plate and fan
- Aluminum Side Mount Intercooler Core
- Premium Constant Torque Hose Clamps (not your common cheap T-Bolt clamps)
- Set of MR2Heaven multi layered and reinforced silicone hose couplers
- Hardware Kit
- Supports GEN2, GEN3, GEN4 and GEN5 3SGTE. Does not fit the Authentic greddy intercooler core as they are different dimension (See our intercooler product page if you need a intercooler core)
- OEM BOV flange works with OE GEN2/3 BOV, not OE GEN4 (That means you can throw a gen2/3 bov on a gen4 and it'll work, just cant throw a OE Gen4 BOV on the flange)
Stock GEN4 3SGTE - 360WHP, 343ftlb Torque @ 19PSI with OEM CT15 Billet Turbo Upgrade and MR2Heaven Carbon Fiber Pipe Intercooler Kit