MR2Heaven Side Mount Intercooler Core
3/23/2022 - Still out of stock. We will be making our own intercooler cores. Our 2022 cores ETA June/July 2022
MR2Heaven Side Mount Intercoolers are an excellent upgrade over the factory intercooler. These intercoolers allows for increased flow, improved air cooling capabilities and are commonly used in the MR2 community. This results in increased intercooler efficiency and significantly lowers air temperatures for more horsepower/torque and less chance of knocking/pinging/detonation!
These intercooler cores are commonly used by many mr2 shops/vendors throughout the years. However, fitment, performance, quality, design details and how they're made are different and ours stand out from the rest. Scroll down to see why.
How they are made, what internal sized core used, how consistent, how they fit with other parts and quality is our advantage over other shops. For 2022, we have also tweaked our end tank design to allow for better fitment and more adjustability/flexibility with intercooler pipes over other cores and more. That means our core will install cleaner, and your pipes wont be forced to hit or rub against your Xbrace, look off when connected to your turbocharger or hot pipe rubbing cold pipe etc :) Often times, to be real, the fitment issues will prevent pipes to be even installed for a small majority of 3SGTE owners (around 10%, as their turbo outlet position sits slightly off normal positions). For those owners to install, they need a very tall silicone coupler that allows enough flex/room for the hot pipe to connect. That small 10% will be eliminated with our 2022 cores as they provide around 10mm more room inside the silicone coupler for you to adjust. This advantage is exclusive to our cores only.
There has been at least 15+ different branded generic mr2 specific intercoolers on the market all with different specifications, sizes, different fitment issues throughout the past 25 years. While we have been able to procure in the past the most consistent quality, biggest, fattest, widest, best fitting core used out of all the different manufactures, we still ran into into quality control, consistency and supply chain issues with our 2018-2021 manufacuter, especially in year 2022.
Our last intercooler core batch was ordered in May 2021 still has not arrived in 2022 after 8+ months and the fitment has become unusable as they started outsourcing parts and production to other manufactures due to pandemic/supply chain issues. We waited 8+ months for a batch of cores to the point where we were out of stock ourselves for months and after seeing that the newest batch samples were unusable, we are pretty fed up.
That is why in February 2022, we have decided to CAD everything and also to create/design our own intercooler core. An universal MR2 intercooler core with detailed specifications, utilizing the biggest core possible, with consistency and quality in mind and made using the best manufacturing/design and quality control methods available at our disposal through our vetted manufactures
- Our intercooler cores and various related parts such as fan shrouds/block off plates are CADed with detailed specifications, ensuring proper fitment, consistency and design.
- Our aluminum end tanks will be casted from a mold for repeatability and consistency.
- We will be using the widest and largest intercooler core on the market coming in at 200mm width x 235mm length x 100mm thick.
- We have also shortened the inlet and outlet diameter lengths of the end tanks by 10mm to account for a rare minority of 3SGTEs running into issues with the turbocharger being shifted very slightly from normal positions, resulting in the hot pipe being shifted away from the turbocharger outlet with no room for adjustment as the pipe touched the end tank's inlet inside the silicone hose coupler. Now there is significantly more room for adjustments.
- Better fitment and more adjustability/flexibility with intercooler pipes over other cores and more. That means our core will install cleaner and easier, and your pipes wont be forced to hit or rub against your Xbrace, look off when connected to your turbocharger or hot pipe rubbing cold pipe etc. Often times, to be real, the fitment issues will prevent pipes to be even installed for a small majority of 3SGTE owners (around 10%, as their turbo outlet position sits slightly off normal positions). For those owners to install, they need a very tall silicone coupler that allows enough flex/room for the hot pipe to connect. That small 10% will be eliminated with our 2022 cores as they provide more room for you to adjust
- Our intercooler core will be fitted in molds before all the components are welded to ensure consistency and quality control
- We've also adjusted tolerances of our red and yellow mounting brackets to stick out past the 100mm thick core by 1.5mm only. This ensures the intercooler core is in its intended place while in the car and does not cause fitment issues like the bullet points above. Some manufactures randomly bend aluminum tabs and randomly weld them and they're very off.
- Our core mounting brackets were designed/reduced down to 2 repeatable dimension specific parts with simplicity in mind (As you can see the red and yellow brackets in our pictures).
- Our cores will be shipped in a foam padded enclosure to ensure it does not get damaged during transit
- With our attention to details and strict QC on every part through our vetted manufactures, advantages in intercooler core design as well as in our perfectly fitting block off plate and 9" fan shroud, we are confident our exclusive kit is made to the highest of standards, is the highest quality, consistency and best performing side mount system on the market today, period.
- All 1991-1998 Toyota MR2 using any generation 3SGTE motor
- Direct bolt on to the stock factory intercooler location.
- Works with a 9" intercooler fan and our MR2Heaven intercooler pipes (See our other product pages)