Note 1/12/2024 - In stock - Limited batch ready to ship
Polyurethane motor mounts reduce engine movement/energy wasted, wheel hop, helps enhance your driving experience, better shifting, sportiness, better throttle response and more connected to the car feeling as well as better transmit/increase torque and horsepower to the wheels.
However the problem for MR2 chassis is when running full solid polyurethane mounts, users are reporting extreme levels of NVH (Noise, vibration, harshness) within the interior cabin to the point where driving is simply dreadful, jaw dropping and annoying - imagine the droning sound of everything vibrating intensely in your cabin regardless of RPM. This is where our solution comes in.
Our solution is to utilize a hybrid approach, polyurethane mounts are sandwiched in next to your original rubber mounts. By doing so creates a hybrid of rubber and polyurethane and this greatly helps reduce engine movement while producing significantly less NVH penalty if any. Aside from performance benefits gained, these poly inserts also helps prolong and extend the health of your motor mounts and also helps bring life back to your worn rubber engine mounts.
With neglected/worn out rubber mounts, our 3SGTE motor is commonly twisted to the point where things break, such as support brackets, intercooler piping popping loose, exhaust pipe welds cracking, shifter cables snapping and more.
For reference - on a scale of 1-10 in Noise, Vibration and Harshness
- OEM rubber mounts in good condition - 4-5/10
- OEM Rubber mounts in broken condition - Motor shakes etc - 1-3/10
- MR2Heaven 75A "Loose fit" Level 1 front and rear inserts with OEM rubber 5-6.5/10 (We call this OEM+)
- MR2Heaven Hybrid setup Level 1.5 - 90A Rears, 75A Fronts - 6.5-7/10
- MR2Heaven 90A "Tight fit" Level 2 front and rear inserts with OEM rubber - 7-8/10 - Engine stays solid with much less NVH penalty - Vibration and droning only at ~1100 RPM or less, no NVH after 1100RPM. Under 900RPM may be annoying. Set idle speed at 1100-1200+ RPM, problem solved.
- Full Solid Poly Mounts 95A - 10/10 - Engine stays Solid - "MFkin Jaw Dropping Vibrations", annoying for street.
- Polyurethane construction - Shore A - 75 or 90 Hardness
- Direct drop in, no modifications needed
- Mounts are interchangeable for front and rear motor mounts
- We offer 2 versions and with option of a hybrid blend of the 2.
- Level 1 - 75A - Loose fit - Good for stock power to 450WHP or more. Think of this as OEM+. Mold design of 1-2.5mm gap between OEM rubber some parts of poly mount/legs. This is a good blend between performance, comfort and OEM like feel. NVH increase should be small to none and is usually only felt during under 1100 RPM when feathering the clutch. To install 75A version - align so all small legs fits properly into rubber mount
- Level 1.5 Hybrid Blend - Front mount 75A, transmission rear mount 90A for a blend between our Level 1 & Level 2
- Level 2 - 90A - Tight fit - Recommended for race cars, sportier driving experience or 450+WHP. Rubber mount mold design conforms tight to OEM Rubber. This is the highest performing mount we offer to resist engine rotation and may come with slightly more NVH than 75A. Engine stays solid at much less NVH penalty. Vibration only experienced when feathering the clutch at low RPMs ~1100 RPM and goes away higher than 1100RPM. To install 90A version, align arrows on poly/rubber mounts
- All 3SGTE front and rear motor mounts, including TRD engine mounts.
- Will fit 5SFE running turbo engine mounts
- Does not fit OEM 5SFE NA engine mounts.
- Will fit V6 and K Swaps if running 3SGTE motor mounts
- Sold as a set of 4 pieces, enough to do front and rear motor mounts only. Does not work with the side 2 mounts.
- Part #s for reference
- 12371-74220 - Rear Turbo Mount (still available via Toyota)
- 12371-SW211 - Rear TRD Turbo Mount
- 12361-74110 - Front Turbo Mount (still available via Toyota)
MR2 Experts - 20+ years of experience.
Largest MR2 Parts Collection in the World
Have ideas, need something, have suggestions or questions? Hit us up!
Since 2002, we've been working to improve almost every aspect of the Toyota MR2, whether it's restoring it to its former glory or increasing its performance, efficiency, or style.
Our team of experts offers a wide range of OEM and aftermarket parts, as well as our own unique designs and engineering that can't be found anywhere else. We're dedicated to providing the best products at great everyday low prices and supporting the Toyota MR2 community with high-quality products.
If you have any new ideas, let us know – we're always looking for ways to bring your vision to life. Thank you for choosing MR2Heaven for all your Toyota MR2 needs.