SW20 MR2 Rear Big Brake Kit Bracket (For 93+ Caliper & 13" Larger Brake Rotor)
Want to go OEM caliper route? Planning to drive hard or want more stopping power? We've got the solution.
Don't look like a complete fool and let brake pad fade or boiling brake fluid ruin your day (or car) while you are driving hard and stopping repeatedly. We've learned that the hard and embarrassing way. This big brake kit will help keep those problems away by reducing overall brake temperatures, extending performance capabilities under high temperature demands all while increasing brake pedal feel and response!
These Big Brake Kit brackets bolt up to the Rear of the 91-98 MR2 to mate the larger & more capable 1993 and newer OEM Turbo Rear Brake caliper and significantly larger diameter 13" Rotors. These rotors will be the same diameter as the front BBK while being slightly thinner to promote proper pad temperature and brake bias.
- Made of 7075-T6 Aerospace grade aluminum
- Extremely lightweight @ 1lb 4oz VS competitor 3lbs 2oz. (1/3 of weight of steel)
- Stronger than most common steel
- Hard anodized for even better protection than standard anodizing
Designed to be used in combination with
- Calipers - Uses 93 or newer OEM Turbo Rear Calipers from the MR2.
- Brake pads - Any standard pad for the rear of a 93 or newer Turbo MR2
- Rotors (Order 2 Rotors, Left and Right side if applicable)
- RX8 Front Support Suspension Rotors (blanks, non-directional) - 120.45071
- RX8 Front Support Suspension Rotors (Slotted, Left) - 126.45071SL
- RX8 Front Support Suspension Rotors (Slotted, Right) - 126.45071SR
- RX8 Front Support Suspension Rotors (Slotted & Drilled, Left) - 127.45071L
- RX8 Front Support Suspension Rotors (Slotted & Drilled, Right) - 127.45071R
- 2x Brake Brackets
- Optional 13" Rotors
Will need to source 1993+ Rear OEM Brake calipers if you do not already have them
Don't forget to buy some nice high temp DOT 4 or higher fluid to complete your brake upgrade.